First Year Students: Application Process Apply Now
Alfred University welcomes applications from students who are just like you: talented, motivated, from diverse backgrounds and nationalities, and eager to make a positive contribution to AU's campus learning community.
While individualized attention is given to every applicant, the following factors are considered most important:
- Academic performance
- Personal essay
- Evaluations from your school counselor or an academic teacher
- Strength of character, shown through after-school activities, volunteer work, or employment
- ACT/ SAT
- An interview (optional but encouraged)
International students should follow the process outlined below but should also review special requirements for international students.
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions by phone 607-871-2115 or 800-541-9229 or by email.
Take note of our deadlines to ensure you have plenty of time to submit your entire application. We look forward to getting to know you and what makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Fall Regular Decision:
- Fall Early Decision:
- Spring Regular Decision:
- Fall Semester: Jul. 1
- Spring Semester: Dec. 1
- Fall Semester: Mar. 15
- Spring Semester: Oct. 15
We have two easy ways to apply online:
- Official high school transcripts must be submitted by your high school counselor or college advisor - This can be done though the Common App, Naviance, or by fax/mail.
- A notarized copy of a GED is also accepted.
- Submit a $50 (US) non-refundable fee or a fee waiver certificate. A fee waiver may be obtained by visiting campus or, in case of financial hardship, by asking your schools counselor to submit a fee waiver request or you can submit a College Board fee waiver.
- International students must submit original or certified copies of all secondary and post-secondary transcripts or records of grades to- date and showing proof of graduation. These must be prepared and authorized by the student's home institution and be accompanied by a certified English translation. Learn more about international student transcripts.
- International student records must be evaluated by either the World Evaluation Services organization (WES) or Education Evaluators International (EEI).
- At least one letter of recommendation from a school counselor or academic instructor is required. These can be uploaded to the Common Application or sent directly to our office.
- Additional recommendations from work supervisors, pastors, etc. can be very helpful.
- Submit an essay or personal statement. We are a member of the Common Application System. You may select any Common Application topic for your essay.
Ready to Apply?
After reviewing the application checklist, you're ready to start your journey with us.