Transfer Students: Transfer to AU
Thank you for considering Alfred University! Whatever your reason for transferring, we are committed to making sure that you have the information you need to make a successful transition to AU. As a small university, we pride ourselves on providing you with the individual attention you deserve to make your transition to AU as seamless as possible. Should you have questions at any point in the process, please don’t hesitate to call our office at 800-541-9229. We’re here to help!
You should follow the transfer application process at Alfred University if you have:
- Completed/attempted credit hours at an accredited college or university
- Achieved a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated good social standing at the previous institution
The most recent academic performance is the primary consideration in transfer application review. Transfer candidates with a GPA below 2.5 but above 2.0 may be considered for admission, however, a personal interview with an admissions counselor is recommended along with a specific essay.
You should follow the readmission application process at Alfred University if you attended AU in the past, have taken completed/attempted credit hours at an accredited college or university elsewhere, and are now interested in returning to AU.
You can apply online using the Common Application. There is a $50 (US) application fee. This fee may be paid electronically when the application is submitted through the Common Application. If the fee is not paid at that time, a check or money order, made payable to Alfred University, can be mailed to the Admissions Office (1 Saxon Dr, Alfred, NY 14802). The fee may also be paid with a credit card over the phone by calling the Admissions Office at 800.541.9229.
- Regular decision deadline - July 1
- International student deadline - March 15
- Art & Design deadline - March 1
- Regular decision deadline - December 1
- Art & Design deadline - November 15
- International student deadline - October 15
In addition to the application and fee, the following materials are required to complete your application:
- Official transcripts from each college/university you've attended
- Official High School transcript or GED
- Personal statement/essay (this will be part of the Common Application)
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Art Portfolio (Art & Design applicants only)
In addition to the above list of required materials to complete your application, you are welcome to interview with an admissions counselor. An interview can be arranged during your visit to campus.
Please note the most recent academic performance is the primary consideration in transfer application review. Transfer candidates with a GPA below 2.5 but above 2.0 may be considered for admission, however, a personal interview with an admissions counselor is recommended along with a specific essay. Additional faculty recommendations are also encouraged.
Associate Director and Coordinator of Transfer Admissions
Office of Admissions
1 Saxon Drive
Alfred, NY 14802